I have a lot of trouble choosing what to read next from my groaning bookshelves. So I’m starting the year right by signing up to a year long reading challenge run by the Australian YA Bloggers & Readers group on Goodreads. Everyone in Australia or NZ can join in.
Any time during 2018 you can join the challenge by registering your interest. You can also find out more on how the challenge works. I was confused as first, but I’ve worked out what I’ll read in January. If I get confused again, I’ll ask the group members on this thread.
To see the first three months of prompts and report what you read at the end of each month, reply to this thread.
- First in a series: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
- Non-binary, Genderfluid or Genderqueer protagonist: The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
For a comprehensive list, have a look at LGBTQ Reads
- Supportive friends: My Life as a Hashtag by Gabrielle Williams
- LoveOzYA / LoveNZYA book: Among the stars: In the Dark Spaces by Cally Black
- Dark magic: Freeks or Hexanhaus
- Self published / Small press ???
- Protagonist with anxiety: Turtles All the Way Down or Eliza and Her Monsters
- #LoveOzYA / LoveNZYA book: Small town: Untidy Towns
- Mystical beings: Strange the Dreamer
- Last in a series: Nexus
- Twinning: One by Sarah Crossan (??)
- #LoveOzYA / LoveNZYA book: A Muslim protagonist: When Michael met Mina
Check out the #LoveOzYA website for recommendations
I haven’t worked out all the books for Feb & March, tell me what you rec. At the start of each month the moderators will remind everyone of the monthly prompts and if you need help planning out your choices, ask the members on this thread.
Hoping to get most of my challenge reads from my teetering TBR and as many as possible #LoveOzYA or NZ. I’m excited!